Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wishing I Was There

I miss being home. I use that term because that's the way I think of it. It's where my family is, and it's where my heart is, so what other requirements do I really need?



Anyway, I'm thankful for today's technology that allows Kat and I to talk every day, and share our experiences with each other even though for the time being we're miles apart. Sometimes it's tougher than other times, like now, with Christmas just around the corner, but except for the physical separation we do share everything. Yesterday she went with her friends to a Christmas get-together at the beach, and I sure would have loved to be there. Being able to swim
and enjoy the sun while it's so cold here, grilling the great food to enjoy together. I remember in the past I have spent time together with her friends and enjoyed it quite a lot. Nowhere else have I ever encountered the kind of belonging and closeness that I feel when I'm in the Philippines. That's just one of the many things I miss most when I'm away. And let's not forget the warm weather, while they are calling for a wintry mix here this weekend, I look at the pictures from my other home and wish I was at the beach too. I do miss not having my little "niece" Ann Ann there, but school kept her from this party.



I'm hoping all my friends there will have a very Merry Christmas........

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I wish you were there too. I'd not mind being somewhere that's warm either especially with someone you love.

Have a terrific day. :)

RD Livengood said...

Thanks Sandee, and Merry Christmas to you.....

Unknown said...

Your wife really had great time at her party. I hope next party you can join with your family. I miss my family back home too, and the weather and looking at Katherines happy pictures at their party, it made me wish I'm at the philippines too right now.

RD Livengood said...

Hi Shydub,
Yeah, they had a great time, and the place they went to, I've never been, when she told me about it we decided to go there when I get back. I can't wait!

Dhemz said...

I completely agree with (tsang)shydub...wifey really had a great time...I miss those moments bonding with my friends....hope to see you on the next party.....:)

thanks for sharing....I like your first paragraph...so emotional yet it came from the heart.

RD Livengood said...

Thank you Dhemz,
Very nice words you left here. Yeah, that's where my heart is really, and I miss those times together. Well, it gives me something to look forward to and a great future goal to strive for.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Have a great day.......