Thursday, December 24, 2009

Playing in the Snow


While I'm definitely not a cold -weather person, I really don't like to stay cooped up inside all the time, so I have to make allowances. I certainly do enjoy playing the banjo and guitar while stuck in the house, but there are moments when I just need to be outdoors, and Tanner even more so. One thing I have found out is that he truly loves to play in the snow. He loves to jump in it, run in it, and just lay down in it, so I figured what the heck, and grabbed an iron out of the bag, and we headed outside.


This was my first experience at "snow golf", but I have to admit, it was fun. Watching the snow splash was almost like watching a good bunker shot, and I enjoyed seeing Tanner jump and chase balls in the white stuff. Only this time instead of putting them in a little pile as usual, he would pick them up and toss them, maybe he just liked watching them hit the snow too. But we had a great time, and I'm sure that if any of the neighbors were watching, they were quite amused also.


This spring I would like to build a nice putting green in the back yard, so I've been looking around the web for designs. There are a lot of styles to choose from, and since I have a good bit of room, I"m wondering about making a fairly large area for practice. If I actually get it done, I'll be sure to post some pics of it.


For the time being I'll have to keep my practice area as it is, with my flag and hole design which works well, as it gives me practice shots from as far out as 30 to 40 yards. To me, this is a critical area as it really helps to lower your score.


Anyway, while it's still cold, and all the snow hasn't yet melted Tanner and I will continue to enjoy our little backyard golf games together. It's a small price to pay for watching him have so much fun.

0 comments: