Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cooking for Christmas

Christmas means a lot is happening, especially in the kitchen. During the holiday season it's no wonder that people gain those few extra pounds; I know that I certainly do. And there's one thing my family can do exceptionally well when we all get together during this time of year, that's eat!

Since tomorrow is Christmas day here we will once again come together at my sister Barbara's house for dinner. Oh, the nieces, nephews, other siblings, etc. all have other things to do and places to be during the day also, so we will meet there in the afternoon to have dinner. It's always good, with lots of food, good social conversation, and with my family, always music since we're all musicians.

So today, even as I type this, I have about 3 dozen eggs boiling because I have been chosen to make the deviled eggs, and I think I'll do a batch of cheese rolls too. I had thought about baking a cake, but I'm sure there will be plenty of dessert, there always is. Barbara told me she already had two barbecue shoulders, Peggy made a gigantic batch of potato salad, and there's no telling what all might be there. Needless to say, I already know that tomorrow night I will be moving slowly again.

I tried out my hand at making homemade pimento cheese yesterday, and I let Peggy taste it to get an opinion when she stopped by today. Now I have an added task of making her some, so I'll be doing that later tonight and refrigerate it overnight.

I can't wait to talk to Kat tonight (morning there) to see how everyone is doing this Christmas day. As much as I enjoy being with loved ones here for the Holidays, I sure do miss being there even more. She's going to try her own hand at baking a cake, so I'm really interested in hearing how that turns out.

Well, better go check my eggs.
Merry Christmas to everyone out there........

1 comments:

Unknown said...

May you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!