Monday, November 16, 2009

What, Rest on my Day Off?


Here's another day off for me, not having to get up and go to work, Tanner is all happy because I said "no work" and he seems to understand the difference in blue jeans and work trousers. Of course, some things don't change, the coffee is ready, can't start my day without that, lol.



I don't know what to do today, no plans, just relax. So we flip through the TV channels to find something good, I like Bonanza, Tanner likes Animal Cops. Go figure.... Out comes the banjo, which we both enjoy, he even sings at the right places, and after a little while the coffee kicks in and I wake up completely. That's when I realize it's a really nice day outside. Pretty weather, nice and warm for this time of year, and with my caffeine induced awareness I notice there sure are a lot of leaves that have fallen since last week.


So out we go, me working, Tanner supervising, the squirrels happily waiting for me to uncover the acorns that lay underneath the leaves. After a few hours of mowing and blowing, the back yard is finished. It does look better, although in the winter time with the leaves gone it sort of gives it that forlorn, wilderness look. I like that as a change, and I also like the summer time when the trees are full of leaves and it gives such a sense of being secluded, which I guess it is, as the back yard extends for several hundred acres of woodland. I'm actually happy that it's rugged terrain that can't be built on, so my neighbors continue to be the deer that also feed on the acorns in the yard, the raccoons, 'possums and rabbits, and the squirrels that Tanner and I both enjoy watching.








Well, after the yard work today, I made a batch of homemade fudge, which I think I'll neglect to mention to the doctor on my next visit, and for my first attempt, it turned out really well. But tomorrow is another day, it gets dark earlier this time of year, so I'll just get up in the morning, have my coffee, and start again. There's still the front yard that waits......




0 comments: