Sunday, November 1, 2009

That time of Year....Again



Fall is a nice time of the year, the leaves are changing, the weather is starting to cool off quite a bit here, making the mornings crisp. Although I'm not really a cold weather fan, there are things I enjoy about it, as well as things I have to leave behind for the coming months.




The golf season is coming to a rapid close for me, and that's one of the things I miss the most. Back yard practice with Tanner has to take a back seat to indoor putting practice, but then there's always the banjo to keep me occupied while indoors. Last week I played a couple of rounds of golf at a local course here, and was very pleased with where my short game is now. One of the days it started raining, oh, just a little on the third hole, but by the 7th it was a downpour, so after 9 holes I called it quits for the day, going back later in the week and doing another round in what was probably the last really nice day weather wise for the season.


So it's inside now, and I guess it's a good thing music wise, since I enjoy the banjo practice, and I can now concentrate on getting my fingers back in shape, learn some more new licks, and add to the song list. And yeah, those things I seem to put off doing around the house can now get done.


Then there's yard work. Plenty of it since I have a lot of hardwood trees here, and the leaves are falling. I sometimes look at them and wonder why there seems to be so many more on the ground then there were in the trees. But it's pleasurable work to me, even if it's a little on the chilly side.


So for the next few days, I have some things to keep me busy. How about you, what time of the year do you enjoy most?


1 comments:

Pratishtha said...

Your style of writing is so captivating even though your blog is so personal, it has a charm of its own. Thank you for adding to the charm of the world. The best time of the year for me is "winter". I live in India in Rajasthan and we really look forward for its arrival.