Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner with the Family

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day, and I woke up this morning still feeling full, but wanting more. The food was great, and there was plenty to choose from. Tanner was happy too, because I brought him a special plate home as well.


I guess the best part of it was spending time with family, something a lot of us don't get to do much anymore because of work and time constraints. I went to my sister's house where everybody gathered, and knowing my one sister Barbara had a massive stroke last year leaving her right side paralyzed, I try to spend more time there than I used to.



Now, both my sisters are musicians, I'm the baby of the family by a long way, lol, and they used to teach my guitar chords when I was small. That's how I got my start in music. My sister Peggy still goes to sing and play a couple of times a week at different places, mostly gospel music, which I enjoy a lot. But both of them are grounded in country music, where I myself have fallen towards the bluegrass path with the banjo.





Yesterday was nice in that after dinner we went to the music room to play around a little with the instruments, Peggy did the guitar while I was doing my banjo thing. Everybody else was singing, and the great part was that Barbara was singing along too, for the first time since she had her stroke. I know she wishes she could pick up the guitar again, but just to join in and be a part of things was worth so much.


So, coming away from there last night gave us all a blessing, more than just good food and a social gathering, but I saw another barrier being torn down in the list of things she can't do anymore, and that was worth it all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey anybody,

I desire a nice method to receive & send Faxes but cannot find a proper solution. I hope what these types of online fax service do is offer my own a Fax number, it could be toll free.

Whenever anyone faxes me it¡¯s converted to an email along with attachments I am going to be able to download and print. My warm friend Grayson suggested me to look at the [url=http://www.topfaxsoftware.com/internet-fax-services.html]best internet fax services reviews[/url] online before making a determination. I did while still don¡¯t know to choose which one. Any suggestions?

If there is a way to receive/sned a fax online, what is a reliable faxing service to use that with cheap price?

I¡¯ll be greatly appreciated for any of your ideas.

Thanks in advance.