Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation Days???


I took a couple of day of vacation time this week to hopefully rest a little, but that's just not to be, I suppose. Oh, I'm not complaining, at least some things were accomplished, just not on my golf game, LOL.

My sister has been wanting me to help her repair her bedroom floor, so I agreed to do that. In the process, I would up just replacing the whole floor, in the long run it was easier to do, and a permanent job. Then laying the tiles, which was the easy part, but a little time consuming. They're about halfway finished now, so I'm off again on Monday and I'll finish the rest then.

It's sort of fun actually, doing this kind of work, at least it's different from my everyday tasks. The only drawback is a sore thumb, which I whacked pretty good with the hammer. It only took the one time, and I learned very quickly not to do it again!

Well, even though I'm more tired now than if I had not taken any days off, it's worth it. Over the past year, my sister has been with me through all my medical trials, the doctors visits, hospitals, etc., so it's the least I can do to repay her for her time spent at that.

Now I'm actually looking forward to doing some renovating around here, just small things really, but things I have been putting off for a while. I guess it's good to get in the right mood.

0 comments: