Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Birthday: Another Year Gone By


Waking up this morning I realized I was another year older. Why does it seem that birthdays come faster and faster the older we get? Oh well, I'm off for the weekend, took a couple days just for that. Someone asked me about today being my birthday, and I said to me it's just Saturday.

But it turned out to be ok. Very nice weather here today, it's warmer than it has been for several weeks now, so I like that. Being able to get outside and not freeze is a good thing to me. Then my sister came by and took me out to lunch, so that was nice also. Brought with her a nice cake, chocolate fudge, so a very nice surprise there too.

Of course Tanner has been in rare form today, not really knowing what it was all about, but my niece came by also, my other sister for a little while too, so he's been excited to have company. I have to say he's not a great watch dog, because he never meets a stranger, but it's a happy day for him to get a lot of attention from so many different people.

The only drawback is that the rest of my family is about ten thousand miles away right now, so I miss them and really miss having them with me today. But at least we get to talk and communicate every day, so that helps quite a bit. For the time being it has to do.

So right now I have a pizza waiting for me in the kitchen, then time to relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

0 comments: