Thursday, December 10, 2009

Me and Tanner...Chillin'

Another day off, finally. I say it like that because I had to do an eight day stretch, with shifts ranging from closing (getting home at 3:30 AM) to mid shifts, to opens, where I have to be awake at 5:00 AM. Well, that doesn't sound so bad, but it seems like every year it's getting harder and harder to do, so my days off are becoming a little more cherished. I'm not getting any younger, you know.

Today started out with the rain finally stopping, so I was able to go outside and change my spark plugs in the truck. Not a bad things really, if it's 70 degrees and dry, LOL. But standing in the puddles from the rain, which were everywhere, and it's a long way from 70 degrees, then add to the mix that my truck is a 4WD that really ain't so low to reach over into the engine compartment, and Tanner wound up hearing some new words.

Now that was finally accomplished, lets actually rest. Tanner and me, watching TV together. The crock pot full of homemade vegetable soup for later in the day, and the banjo sitting on it's regal stand just begging to be picked up. Enter the sister..."it's your day off so I know you didn't have to work, so I came to get you to go shopping with me"...the last thing I wanted to do was to get off the couch and go anywhere, but what can I say. She did after all bring Tanner some biscuits, and he's always happy to see her, so off I went. Turned out not to be bad after all though.

Now it's night time, and I can't sleep because of my crazy work schedule, but tomorrow...oh tomorrow is another day off, so I have already told Tanner that I'm turning off the phone, turning up the TV, and it's just gonna be me and him, chillin' the day away. We'll see......

0 comments: